Jan 7, 2012

Spring Weather during Winter?

Today is January 7th. Today it was 70 degrees outside. Those are two sentences that I cannot normally say together! I'm so surprised at the crazy winter weather going on. 366 days ago, it started snowing and we then proceeded to get the next day and a half of school off because of it. But today I was in shorts!

I'm also surprised at how much I'm enjoying not having a real winter (yet? I'm afraid to jinx it and then have a freezing February!). I'm a girl who loves sweaters and cardigans, jackets and boots, mittens and scarves. After living in Germany for five years (and having an Easter where we had so much snow that my mom sent my sister, dad, and me down the road to sled so she could create an Easter egg hunt inside the house so that her footprints in the snow wouldn't give away the egg's hiding places) I'm used to the sun disappearing in October and not reappearing until late April or May! But I definitely think that I can get used to seeing the sun during the winter months and having to shed my jackets and scarves.

Today

One year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment