May 20, 2011

From Kollweiler to York

What a difference a year makes. Last year I was still a senior in high school, just finished AP exams and had prom, and was worrying about my team playing in a soccer tournament that wasn't going well at all. Last year I was in Kollweiler!

In Germany I lived in a small village. Small as in we knew pretty much everyone in the village by sight, there were only 10 high speed internet hook-ups, and other than houses we only had a family run restaurant, a volunteer run fire station, a bakery, and a deer farm. It really is the quintessential little beautiful village with old water pumps, fests where villagers sold things they made or cooked, and that one old man who was always outside reading his newspaper with his dog. I love Kollweiler, and our amazing neighbors who invited us into their lives and culture.

Entering Kollweiler

Look at the solar panels!
Windmills

This was the view out my window - Green :)



Fest sign
Germany
Now I'm enjoying my summer break soaking up the sun and sitting by the water in Florida after my first year at USC, and looking back at all that has happened this past year! Like my trip to York, South Carolina...

Easter weekend I went home with an awesome friend to her place in York, South Carolina. She told me it was a small town, but let me tell you a small town isn't like a small village! I had a fabulous time with my friends and adopted family for the weekend, and also got lots of culture shock! More to come :)

Thank you Google Maps

No comments:

Post a Comment