Jan 13, 2011

Say What?

So it recently snowed here in South Carolina! Yay, I love snow! After watching the window the whole night and finally catching the first sign of snow flakes, I dragged a few of my girl friends out in the cold and we took a stroll around campus with the flurries dancing around us. We all had jackets on, but it being South Carolina and not Nebraska we of course were not exactly dressed the warmest, (lack of real boots, gloves, ect.). So we soon started back to our dorm and I heard two of my friends talking behind me. The conversation went a little something like this -
Friend One, "You know what? I don't even really feel the cold when it's so pretty outside with the snow."
Friend Two, "Ya, you're right. I mean it's like when you shoot a rifle and the butt kicks you after you shoot. You don't feel the pain because all you are worrying about is if you hit your mark."

And then I burst out laughing. Um, that's exactly what I was thinking? Apparently I have missed a vital rite of childhood (that I never knew about) having never shot anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment