Jan 9, 2011

Dear Toto

I'm a modern-day Dorothy who has been transplanted somewhere completely foreign: the United States, the South to be more specific. Ironically I'm an American, who has been living in Europe for the past seven years, but still coming "home" has been a bigger culture shock that moving to a 148 square mile island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean where they speak a foreign language and cows outnumber the people! I mean really I didn't expect a bigger shock to the system than that.

This blog will document my transition back into American culture, which has already been quite interesting.

Some things I have yet to understand here in America; how people think 75 mph is fast when the autobahn exists, the lack of recycling, and how people eat McDonald's fries-They really just don't compare to German or Belgian ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment